Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities. Philanthropies supported by our Chapter include:
- Arizona Coalition for Military Families – Focused on providing the best care and support possible to all service members, veterans, their families and communities.
- Arizona Magic – Theater and arts for children and young adults with disabilities.
- Back to School Clothing Drive – Provides new school uniforms, outfits, backpacks and school supplies to children in need.
- Ben’s Bells – Inspiring, educating and motivating people to realize the impact of intentional kindness, and to empower individuals to act according to that awareness, thereby strengthening ourselves, our relationships, and communities.
- Childhelp USA – Meets the varied needs of abused children with treatment, prevention and research.
- Chrysalis – Working to prevent domestic abuse.
- Cinderella Affair – Giving underprivileged young women the opportunity to attend prom by collecting gently used formal wear and distributing free of charge.
- City of Scottsdale – Mighty Mud Mania and Adopt a Road
- Council for Jews with Special Needs – Serves those with physical, emotional and learning disabilities and families.
- Family Promise – Reducing homelessness by helping families attain self-sufficiency.
- Feed My Starving Children – Committed to feeding needy children and adults with hand-packed meals.
- Foundation for Blind Children – Education, tools and services to enable those with vision loss to achieve greater independence and satisfaction in life.
- Fountain Hills Theater – Provides a variety of theatrical and educational experiences while contributing to cultural development.
- HEAL (Happily Ever After League) – Provides a network of support services to moms with cancer.
- Help in Healing Home Foundation – In collaboration with Mayo Clinic and the American Cancer Society, providing quality, affordable accommodations in a home-like environment for transplant patients and their families.
- Home Fur Good – Eliminating euthanasia of cats and dogs by providing quality medical care, adoption, promotion of spay/neuter procedures and outreach education for pet owners.
- Maggie’s Place – Providing homes of hospitality for expectant women who wish to achieve personal growth in a loving and dignified atmosphere.
- Miracle League – Providing a safe and enjoyable baseball experience for children, teens, and adults with disabilities or special health care needs.
- Paiute Community Center – Provides a positive environment with recreational, social, cultural and educational programs and services where neighbors can have a spirit of community.
- Shoebox Ministry – Ongoing collection and distribution of personal hygiene products to the homeless and working poor.
- St. Vincent de Paul – Serving the homeless and economically disadvantaged with compassion and support.
- Tranquility Trail – Dedicated to the rescue, shelter rehabilitation, and hopefully finding a forever home for every animal that finds its way to us.
- Westminster Village – Meeting the physical, emotional and social needs of elderly residents.
Ongoing philanthropy opportunities include:
- Count the Cans – Collecting canned goods that are then distributed to our philanthropies in need.
- Making Blankets – Making and delivering cozy fleece blankets to our philanthropies in need.
- United Blood Services – For members 16 years of age and older.